- Points Possible10
- Contemporary theatre, both commercial and non-commercial, has seen a huge increase in diversity — diversity among playwrights and their plays, actors, directors, designers and theatre practitioners. Diverse artists have always shown themselves to be an integral part of theatre and theatre history, though in contemporary theatre they are sometimes referred to “artists of a diverse background” instead of just theatre artists.
These artists come from a selection of groups, cultures and categories including, but not limited by:
- Gender (Female)
- Native American
- Gay and Lesbian
- and others
- This assignment requires you to…
- select one person (playwright, actor, designer, etc.) from the groups listed above
- explore, prepare and discuss his or her historical, social and cultural importance to what we call “diverse contemporary theatre” today (the focus here is on theatre not their impact to film, television or music)
- Create your response, in the Assignment submission box below (not in the Comments field), as a journal or diary entry. This response will not be read by your fellow classmates. The journal should be 1-2 pages long, approximately 400-500 words minimum. Be careful of spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation…proofread and edit your work as necessary. Please cite your sources if any are used, including any videos or links used. This assignment will be graded according to the Journal Rubric attached.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.